BCSFD Fire Truck Memory Game
BCSFD wants to try something different and get the whole family involved in a real-life game of memory. We are asking families who live along the parade route (details below) to visit our Fleet Overview Page and study our trucks. You want to be able to identify each truck in the BCSFD Fleet before the parade this weekend!
After you have reviewed the BCSFD Fleet and you think you can identify our trucks from memory…. Sunday April 5th starting at 10:00AM (see exact schedule below) we will line up a random selection of our trucks, in a specific order. We will then drive along the BCSFD Memory Game Parade Route. When we pass your home, write down the trucks and the exact order they were lined up during the parade. Record you answers on the BCSFD Memory Game Answer Sheet during the parade.
After the parade has passed and you have your notes recorded, click on the link below and submit your answers to BCSFD: https://www.bcsfd.org/memorygame
What we hope to accomplish
We want to engage with our residents…but maintain all social distance rules. Last week the Owasco Fire Department conducted a “porch parade”. Their residents watched the fire trucks and emergency vehicles from the safety of their front porch or driveway. This is a great idea and we want to build on that idea and add a way to interact with our community…but still maintain social distancing guidelines. That is where our Fire Truck Memory Game was born.
We are hoping this event will allow some fun interaction with your family. We hope it will be a break from these stressful times. This is also an opportunity for us (BCSFD) to give back to our longtime Fire Department supporters by purchasing gift cards to some of their restaurants. We also hope, giving away the gift cards will promote the “buy local” initiatives. We sincerely hope this event will be fun, interactive, locally supportive and socially distant…all at the same time!
What can you win?
We are giving away $500 in local restaurant gift cards from various Baldwinsville area restaurants that have always supported BCSFD in the past. Now, it is our turn to give back to them! We will randomly select 2 winning entries from the age groups below (remember… you must correctly guess the trucks in the correct order):
- Ages 5 and under
- Ages 6-9
- Ages 10-13
- Ages 14-17
- Ages 18 and older
We will contact you via email/phone and let you know you won and mail your gift card to your home. Limit one winner per household.
The rules are simple and 100% on the honor system…so play nice!
- You can study beforehand using the BCSFD Fleet webpage, you can print it or you can have the website open on your tablet or phone when we drive by. These are all acceptable.
- You must always maintain social distancing rules. Members of the same household are exempt from those rules. But, this is not a reason or excuse to congregate with neighbors or friends. Please watch the parade from inside your home, on your porch, or in your driveway.
- The BCSFD members will be following all social distancing guidelines as well during this event. Some vehicles on the parade route will only have a driver, while some might have more. Please note, for those vehicles with more than 1 person, they are staffed by BCSFD Members who are all in the same family, living in the same house.
- The only time BCSFD members are exempt from social distancing rules is when we are responding to an emergency call.
- That brings up another point…we may get an emergency call while we are on the parade route. If that happens, we will break away from the parade and respond to the emergency. Once the call has finished, we will resume the parade. We will keep our Facebook page (facebook.com/bcsfd) updated with information as we progress through the parade.
Parade Route Schedule
Unfortunately, we can’t visit every area of the district. Some roads don’t allow easy access for the size of our vehicles. Some roads pose safety concerns (370/River/31/etc.). Please be patient with us as we work out the logistics and route timing of this new event.
Keep in mind we may get called away for an emergency during the parade. We will pickup where we left off once we clear the emergency call. Please follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/bcsfd) for updates and information.
(All times are approximate)
- 10:00 AM – Crimson King/Samantha/Venetian/Twilight/Villa Ridge/Verona/Luchsinger/Alex Ln
- 10:10 AM – Royal Scarlet/Marco Ln/Greymoor Way/Town Center
- 10:20 AM – Esprit Glade/Vermillion/Mourning Dove/Van Wie Drive West/Corlear/Alletta
- 10:30 AM – VanWie East/Madeleine/Filaree/Briar Patch/Quaker Lady/Partridgeberry
- 10:40 AM – Jayhawk Circle & Stanford Dr.
- 10:50 AM – Marinus Dr./River Watch/Foxfire Ln/Tallwood Ridge/Isle of Pines
- 11:00 AM – River Grove Trail / Hickory Knoll Ln Area
- 11:05 AM – Salvator Ave / Far Reach Dr / Hidden Lake Dr
- 11:15 AM – Wandering WayBlue Heron/Radburn/Stevanage
- 11:30 AM – Oberon / Cumberstone / Hadley / Burrwood / Letchworth
- 11:40 AM – Braewood Dr / Amesbury Dr / Kings Bridge Ln
- 11:30 AM – Reston Dr / Grey Birch Dr
- 11:40 AM – Sumac Dr. & Bilyeu Lane Center Pointe
- 12:00 PM – Speach Dr & David Lane Area
- 12:15 PM – Riverknoll Apartments
- 12:30 PM – Oak Brook / Twin Flowers / Rock Rose
- 1:00 PM – Collington Pointe
- 1:15 PM – Abbott’s Landing/Clinton Heights/Holly Hill
- 1:45 PM – Melia Park
- 2:00 PM– Olive Dr / Merrit Dr
- 2:10 PM – Doyle Road East – Poplar Field/Haylage/Greenbough Circle
- 2:30 PM–Bucks Trail
- 2:35 PM – Timberbanks
- 2:50 PM – Camersondale Rd / Gloria Dr